Hecht & Associates understands the highly sensitive issues which are typically present in family law cases. For that reason, we are highly knowledgeable in advocating your best interests while keeping a close eye on the family dynamic. Our law firm is equipped with the experience and necessary resources to handle all aspects of divorce and post-divorce cases, ensuring that the process is as manageable as possible.
Below is a list of the areas we typically handle, but because this list is non-exhaustive, please contact us directly should you have concentrated or other legal needs in the area of family law.
- Divorce -There’s no denying that divorce is stressful, exacting an emotional toll. That’s why we know you’ll appreciate having an expert legal advocate on your side — one who not only knows the law but who also understands the pressures you face and can treat you with compassion.
- Separation Agreement - Competent legal representation is one of the best ways to ensure that an equitable separation agreement can be reached between two parties whose relationship is strained and yet may not be deemed ready to end permanently.
- Annulments - A knowledgeable family law attorney can help you determine when annulment might be the best answer to a rocky marital relationship. Handling these cases discreetly yet efficiently is one hallmark of an effective law firm.
- Alimony - The legal right to collect alimony, or spousal support, can mean the difference between a life of greater comfort and security and one filled with day-to-day struggles to make ends meet. Our family law experts can help you claim the support that is rightfully yours when your marriage ends.
- Property Settlement Agreements - You’ll definitely want to work with a legal professional who understands the legal and personal ramifications of property settlement agreements and who will work tirelessly to arrange a fair and just division of property for every client.
- Disclosure of Income and Assets - Income and asset disclosure can be a difficult area of the law requiring real investigative savvy and dogged persistence on the part of the legal team working to compel disclosure on the client’s behalf. That’s why we believe you’ll be glad to have Hecht & Associates on your side.
- Visitation - Whether you need to petition for visitation rights with your children or want to be sure that safe, secure supervised visitation can be arranged with the non-custodial parent, our caring and compassionate team can help.
- Child Custody and Visitation Disputes - Matters that concern the custody of children or that arise from disagreements about visitation can be highly volatile, eliciting strong emotions on both sides. You’ll need a legal representative who can inject reason and balance into the dispute while fighting for the best interests of both client and child.
- Child Support Disputes (Custodial and Non-Custodial) - An issue that impacts the survival, comfort and security of children while strongly affecting the lives of both parents, child support, and the often vitriolic disputes it creates demand a wise, balanced approach that yields an equitable solution for all.
- Contempt - In cases of contempt of a family court order or proceeding, our legal experts are highly skilled at unraveling and effectively handling the issues that can block the smooth, efficient disposition of your family law case.
- Business & Property Valuation - Careful and accurate appraisal of real and business property is essential when dealing with any family law related business or personal real estate matter. Our business and property valuation experts are dedicated to offering our clients the help they need to successfully sort through these critical issues.
- Prenuptial Agreements - A skilled attorney can help smooth the way to a mutually agreeable prenuptial agreement that can get your marriage off to a healthier financial start. A fair agreement that’s acceptable to both partners can help reduce tensions and let the newlyweds focus on enjoying each other and their new life together.
- Postnuptial Agreements - When a postnuptial agreement becomes necessary, our discreet and tactful family law attorneys can guide you and your spouse in drawing up a document that’s fair to both and that can help ensure your provision for those you care about.
- Retirement & Pension Distribution - Retirement and pension regulations can be complex, which makes the help and guidance of an experienced retirement attorney one of your most valuable assets. Protect your retirement benefits by consulting our family law pension specialists.
- Military/ Survivor Benefits - Those who have served in our military and their families deserve our utmost thanks and respect. And that extends to making sure they receive the benefits they have coming. The legal experts at Hecht & Associates are proud to stand behind our veterans and their survivors to help ensure that they receive their due.